3.10.2011

"everyone wanted to be judged"

Abby just e-mailed me this fantastic article on The Bumbys and I had to share it with all of you!  Have you heard of them?  I hadn't before reading this article, but I absolutely love what they are doing.  I'll direct you here to the full article, so you can go read it now...then come back. ;) 

I'm the type that loves to read and collect fortunes from my cookies--keeping only the really good ones--and to have my fortune told.  I have always been interested in astrology, Pagan practices, etc., but what The Bumbys are doing is more literal.  In short, they assess individuals as they stand before them, and give what they call A Fair and Honest Appraisal of Your Appearance.  Along with a detailed, typed {yes, like on a typewriter-typed} appraisal, individuals are given a rating on a scale of 1 to 10.  What I love most is Mr. Bumby's outlook:

“I don’t ever want this to be a mean, hurtful thing. I’m not interested in tearing someone down. Where’s the art in that?”

The Bumbys are available for hire, and I can't help but think of how awesome it would be to have them at an event like a Bridal Shower!  Think of it, all these women dressed up and celebrating together, receiving compliments so they are feeling just as special as the bride-to-be.  I think it would be super-fun...unless you have a Bridezilla situation where she can be the only one getting attention, in which case The Bumbys shouldn't waste their time at such an event.  But I digress. 

They know fashion, they know the industry, and while you may need to Google "Isabella Blow" after reading their typed assessment, it would still be a terrific experience for the memory books. 
I'd hire them for a house party, where guys + girls are told beforehand to come dressed in their favorite get-up...an outfit that tells their story.  What would your outfit be? 

{photo source: The Bumbys facebook page}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails