1.30.2011

never too old...


...to love forts!
The other day, I was reading Victoria's post about teepees, and just today I got lost in the archives over at Runway Hippie {fun!}, where I was sent to this site. Fifty-seven pages of forts!
I am thinking of building my own from which to blog...  I often see bloggers featuring their organized {read: stylized-for-the-shot} desks in Where I Blog From posts, but I have yet to see one blog from a fort.  That niche needs a fillin' methinks.  



Like many, one of my favorite memories as a kid was building forts in our living room out of blankets, towels, pillows, couch cushions, fresh laundry--Mom was too tickled to see me and my little brother bonding to get upset about us tossing the clean linens fresh from the clothes basket over the dusty fireplace.  But kids aren't the only ones who get enjoyment out of forts!  I can easily picture my{adult}self in any one of these photos...
 
 
And can we please talk about how freaking fun it would be to have a party with your friends in a freaking fort!

The best photos are obviously the stylized ones, but most of the content is webcam-quality, so you get quite a mix on the site. Now, off to scout out the perfect corner...

{all photos found via tumblr}

1 comment:

christine, just bella said...

I love these little forts! How fun. Reminds me of when I need to read under the covers while my husband sleeps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails